Genesis Halff CEI is seeking a Senior Inspector/Senior Engineer Intern in Miramar Beach, Florida to act as our company representative on construction sites ensuring that workmanship and materials comply with specifications. The successful candidate will be assigned responsibility for field representation on major projects with complex features and must be capable of being assigned to isolated locations and to situations where only broad supervision is available. This position supervises lower-graded personnel and coordinates certain phases of field representation on large complex projects.
Assignments may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Check and verify accuracy of dimensions.
· Observe work in progress to ensure that workmanship and materials used conform to specifications and contract documents.
· Use specialty equipment including Nuclear Density/Moisture gauges, concrete air meters, slump core kits, surveying and measuring equipment, and moisture testers.
· Interpret plans and specifications for contractor and discuss deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction.
· Make and check engineering computations and conduct field tests.
· Record quantities of materials received or used during specific periods and compute monthly estimates of work completed.
· Maintain daily log of construction and inspection activities and compare progress reports.
· Prepare sketches of construction installations that deviate from plans and report such changes for incorporation on master plans.
· Supervise other representatives as necessary to cover all aspects of the work and may coordinate activities of other project representatives.
· Assist in the preparation final estimates throughout the construction project duration.
· Read, understand and implement Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures, standards and requirements.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Eight (8) years of experience in construction inspection plus requisite FDOT industry certifications and qualifications
· Florida Driver’s License
· Ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications for major projects
· Knowledge of laboratory and field testing methods and requirements, inspection methods and techniques, construction materials, methods and equipment and safety practices associated with construction projects
· Ability to handle contacts with field representatives of public agencies, clients and contractors
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in the solution of work problems with minimal direction
· Ability to organize programs and devise procedures for lower-graded personnel
· Ability to use precision measuring instruments and a general knowledge of surveying as it applies to construction layout and control
· Knowledge of mathematics involving simple formulas from geometry and trigonometry
· Completion of all required FDOT self-study courses
Attn: Human Resources
1000 N Ashley Dr., Suite 900
Tampa , FL 33602
Genesis offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, and Vision insurance as well as a 401(k) plan, a flexible paid time off program, and an employee-friendly workplace. Genesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D